Energy generated from solar systems, or from the grid, can be stored in batteries, which helps businesses to efficiently manage their energy use.
Battery storage technology is generating a huge amount of hype and market interest. With the use of battery storage technology businesses can combine their energy efficiency and productivity goals with clean energy.
How can battery storage be of value to your business?
You can save money, reduce your peak demand charges and increase your use of clean energy with a battery storage system.
The following guides and tools can help you work out whether battery storage is right for your business.
Battery storage: an overview
This overview document gives a helpful snapshot of what you’ll want to know about battery storage, including:
- how battery storage systems work
- why it helps to install battery storage systems
- benefits of investing in battery storage
- where to start.
DOWNLOAD THE OVERVIEW (PDF 472KB)
Battery storage: a detailed guide
A buying and usage guide
This document will help you understand:
- your energy use and needs
- how different battery types work
- how to use battery storage systems to save money and increase consumption of renewable energy
- installation requirements, risks and safety considerations.
DOWNLOAD THE BATTERY STORAGE GUIDE (PDF 2.8MB)
Investment decision tool
This tool will help you work out whether battery storage is right for your business.
You can get a quick snapshot of your energy use, tariff and the typical return on investment from a battery storage system.
This data can help you decide whether a battery storage system would be worthwhile for your business.
DOWNLOAD THE TOOL (XLSM 1.6MB)
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 7 operating system or later
- Windows Microsoft Office Excel 2010
- Tool not supported on Microsoft Office for Mac.
We will be updating this tool in response to market changes and your feedback on its usefulness. Please email us your comments.
Price estimate template
Are you planning to ask battery storage suppliers for quotes?
This price estimate template suggests questions you can ask if you want a more comprehensive quote and to compare battery suppliers and solutions.
DOWNLOAD THE TEMPLATE (DOCX 76KB)
Battery storage training
We offer training courses on battery storage to help you understand:
- your electrical infrastructure
- your energy usage
- how battery storage might help with your business’s productivity.
Post-training support is also available, which is helpful as you evaluate your needs and install battery storage systems at your site.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
This article originally appeared here
by NSW Government Planning and Environment and is republished with permission.